Ajax is a vibrant town with well over 121000 residents.
Ajax has a history with WW2 with being named after the HMS Ajax, a Leander class light cruiser which served with the Royal Navy during WW2.
Ajax is home to a gorgeous waterfront, that entails a 7km trail that is part of a larger trail that stretches from Hamilton to Belleville. This trail is part of the Trans Canada Trail. People can go Canoeing down at Rotary park where they have a small boat launch right at the mouth of Duffins Creek. If you like to fish or go hiking, Ajax is home to 700 Acres of protected greenspace called Greenwood Conservation. The Conservation is open year-round and is home to many species of animals and fish.
With Ajax only being a 30min Go Train ride from Ajax go station to Downtown Toronto, Ajax has grown throughout the years, its retail and commercial spaces are continuing to see large companies establish themselves here. Lifetime Athletics, a large American base Fitness Gym has established its roots here. The Durham Center, over a 1 Million Square foot of shopping has Costco, Sephora, Underarmour, Gap, EB Games, Chapters Starbucks and many more retail stores. With Durham live opening sometime in 2020, a large Casino and Entertainment center, it will only be the beginning of larger things to come.
For the Golfer in you, Ajax is close to many of the best golf courses in Durham, like Deek Creek Golf Club, Royal Ashburn, Watson Glen, Cherry Downs, and some private golf clubs as well.
Things to do in Ajax
- Walk or cycle the waterfront trail, 7km trail that is part of a larger trail from Hamilton to Belleville, also part of the Trans_Canada trail
- Unique WW2 HX that dates back to 1941, ex Veterans Point Garde, a memorial located at the base of Hardwood Ave or walk the street of Pickering village, an original quaker settlement from the 1800s
- Ajax Downs has a deep-rooted hx of horse racing in Canada. Devoted to the sport for the last 40 years, also home to over 500 slot machines
- Go canoeing at Rotary park at the mouth of Duffine creek, a small boat lunch is available.
- Greenwood Conservation Area comprises of 700 acres of protected greenspace within Duffins Creek. Home to hiking trails and some of the best fishing in Durham. Perfect for rainbow trout and other species of fish
- The Durham Center has over 1 Million sqft of shopping, including a Costco, Sephora, Underarmour, Gap, EB Games, Chapters Starbucks and many more retail stores.
- Ajax is close to many golf courses with offer picturesque settings that you will never forget.
In all, Ajax is a great place to live, work and play. If you have any thoughts on moving to Ajax, give us a call or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org We would be happy to assist you in finding the perfect home to live in.